Friday, October 9, 2009

Farmer's Market

While Sachin is hard at work this weekend, I had the opportunity to sleep in (i.e. I got up at 7:45). I walked down to the River City Market held every Saturday...lots of fresh fruit, veggies, homemade bread and jams...I had a yummy crepe for brunch. A nice meander down the river and the sun is actually out today! Going to tour some local art galleries this afternoon. I love working part time.

In other news....we hear that Obama has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Surprising indeed. Bold move by the committee. Hopefully it will spark actual peace in the near future....any thoughts? Because it is the weekend here, I haven't been able to talk to any Kiwis about their opinions. But it will be interesting to hear if they think he deserves it.

1 comment: